Red Fish Grill Recipes
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
Ralph Brennan's New Orleans Seafood Cookbook Recipe
Category: Sauces, Butters and Dressing
- 4 ounces Stilton or other good-quality blue cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf (Italian) parsley leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a medium-size mixing bowl, blending well with a whisk.
Serving Suggestion: Before using the dipping sauce, refrigerate it in a covered container at least four hours or overnight to let the flavors develop, then season with more kosher salt and pepper if desired. Keep refrigerated and use within four days.