Red Fish Grill Recipes
Grilled Shrimp & Blackened Avocado Poboy
Serving Size: 4
- 7 piece Leidenheimer poboy bread
- 12 medium headless, tailless shrimp
- 2 ounces smoked mayo
- 1/3 cup blackened avocado relish
- 3 tomato slices, 1/4" thick
- 1/4 cup shaved romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
Sprinkle the shrimp in creole seasoning and grill on each side for 1 minute. Cooking time may vary depending on your heat.
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red onion, small dice
- 1 tablespoon tomato, small dice
Place a cast iron pan over high heat. Cut avocados in half and remove stone and then remove peel. Coat avocado halves in creole seasoning. Place oil in cast iron pan and then blacken avocados on both sides. Remove from pan, allow to cool slightly, dice into 1"pieces and mix with vinegar, red onion and tomato.
Smoked Onion Mayo
- 2 onions, yellow
- 1/2 pound hickory chips
- 2 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon oil blend
- 1 teaspoon worsteshire
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1/2 tablespoon Crystal hot sauce
Soak hickory chips in water. While chips are soaking, peel and julienne onions. Toss onions in 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp sugar and hard smoke for 30 minutes.
Once onions are smoked, caramelize in a large pan with the oil blend until nice and dark golden brown. Puree caramelized onions with worsteshire, Crystal hot sauce, coriander and remaining ½ tsp salt, fold onion puree into mayonnaise. Taste for seasoning.