Red Fish Grill Recipes
Pan Seared Hake with Dijon Tossed Arugula & Olive Feta Salad
- 4 7 ounce fillets of Hake
- 4 ounces canola oil
- 4 ounces dry white wine
- 2 cups hummus
- 1 cup Dijon vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1/2 pound arugula
- 1/2 cup olive feta salad (recipe below)
- salt and pepper to taste
Season Hake fillets with salt. Place (2) 12” skillets over high heat and allow to get very hot (approximately 2 minutes) put ½ of the canola oil in each skillet and then put 2 Hake fillets in skin-side up. Allow to sear without moving the pan for approximately 2 minutes or until the sides look cooked 60% of the way up. Using a fish spatula carefully flip each fillet and cook for another 2 minutes. Carefully pour out excess oil and add 2 oz of the white to each pan. Remove fish after 15 seconds.
Place hummus in a circle on the center of the plate. Toss arugula with just enough Dijon vinaigrette to coat, season with salt. Place arugula on top of hummus and then fish on top of arugula. Garnish with the olive feta salad. Repeat for each plate and serve.
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon worsteshire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups canola oil
Place all ingredients except vegetable oil in a blender and blend well. Slowly emulsify in oil. Adjust oil, vinegar balance and adjust for salt and sugar to taste.
Olive Feta Salad
- 2 cups Spanish green olives with pimentos
- 1 bulb of fresh fennel
- 2 ribs of celery
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, drained
Small dice olives, fennel, celery and red onion. Mix well with oil, vinegar and feta cheese.