Red Fish Grill Recipes
Blackened Redfish & BBQ Oysters
- 1 8 ounce redfish
- creole seasoning (enough to lightly dust)
- 1 ea green cabbage, remove core and slice thinly
- 1 ea onion sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 1 ea julienne carrots
- 12 ounces Abita Amber
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup of crystal hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 5 fried oysters to garnish, dusted in seasoned flour
Dust redfish with Creole seasoning and cook in a cast iron skillet.
Cooking the cabbage…place butter in a pot. Add garlic and let cook until just brown. Add onions and let sweat until onions are translucent. Add cabbage, beer, salt, and pepper, and braise for approximately 20 minutes. Just before cabbage is tender, add carrots.
Place crystal in a saucepot and let reduce by 1/2 then whisk in butter.
1 cup of BBQ Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 cup of crystal hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3/4 cup of clarified margarine
Combine honey and butter, and heat to 100 degrees then slowly burre mix in hot sauce.